Joshua is taking beekeeping in 4-H so we decided to do a top bar hive for his 4-H project. Joshua and I put together our top bar hive yesterday. I filmed this with the camera the wrong direction (rookie mistake). Also, during the video, Joshua mentioned that the bees need water and I said that we would be getting a waterbath. I meant to say birdbath! Ugh…
Today, we will put on a coat of tung oil to protect the wood from the elements. Also, we will put our logo on the top and then maybe I will take another short video of the completely finished hive. Bees come on April 24th!
If the weather holds out, Henry and I will be preparing the sunflower beds next Sunday!